Gabrielle Bisset

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Around The Blogs Today and Final ROW 80 Check In

I'm all over the blogs today.  First, I'm at the terrific Felicity Heaton's blog.  Then on the Bewitching Book Tour for Vampire Dreams, I'm at Alisha's blog, My Need To Read.  I'm also over at The Enchanted Book again for the tour, this time for an interview with Selena.  And finally, while I'm not at this blog, my book is and it's been reviewed by the Brazen Broads Book Bash (don't you love that name?) and Moira, one of the Broads, gave it 4 out of 4 stars!  

This is my last ROW 80 check in today as the 80 days are up.  How far things have come since then!  But first, let's get into the DeLorean, Marty, and visit April 1 to see what my goals for ROW 80 initially were.  First, I wanted to finish the third book in the Destined Ones series, Destiny Unbound.  I haven't done that.  In fact, that book sits just where it was 80 days ago.  For now, that's where it needs to be. 

Second, I wanted to get the edits done for Stolen Destiny in a timely fashion.  Without going too much into that situation, I can say I did get them done well in advance of when they were required and then in final edits, which occurred within the past week, I completed them in just as timely a manner.  So I did fulfill this goal.

Third, I wanted to get Destiny Redeemed ready to be submitted to the publisher by May 1.  That didn't occur because of my issues with the first book in the series, and Destiny Redeemed will be indie published in fall of this year.  So while I didn't fulfill this goal, it wasn't because I couldn't but because I wouldn't.  But it has gone through first edits.

Last, the novella that I was completing at the time, Vampire Dreams, was to be edited and sent out to Harlequin Spice Briefs.  I did edit it and I thought I sent it to the publisher, but later found out that since I didn't get an autoreply email that it probably never made it to them.  Fate obviously had something else in mind for me.  Since then, I re-edited the novella, added to it to increase the word count from 14,000 to over 17,000, and on June 1, I put it up for sale at the various outlets.  I am proud to say that three weeks later Vampire Dreams is in its second week of its book tour, has gotten some fab reviews, and has sold 95 copies as of this morning. 

So, in the end, these last 80 days have been quite successful for me.  I completed a second novella, Love's Master, which will be released next month, and am finishing the third novella, Masquerade, in what's become a trilogy of erotic stories set in Victorian England.  Just this week, Love's Master began to get a whole lot of attention when Jimmy Thomas, the cover model who's been on over 1000 romance novel covers, listed my cover as his 1400th and began using it as his Facebook avatar.  (If you don't know who he is, look to your right at the book's cover. When you're done staring, come on back.) I can't thank him enough for the exposure he's given the book in just the last few days. 

I won't be doing the next ROW 80 because I'm simply too busy promoting and writing.  But maybe again in the future, when I can sit down again to write and don't have to promote as much I will jump back in to it. Click here to see how the others in ROW 80 are doing. 

Best of luck to all those writers who participated in ROW 80!

7 comments:

Bree said...

Wow, you've been very busy! Congrats on all your books.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Bree! Yeah, it's been a very busy year so far. :)

Anonymous said...

Whew! You're so busy you make my head spin. Congrats on getting so many things accomplished. I'm sorry we won't be seeing you in round three, but maybe you'll pick it back up in round four. Good luck with everything!

Kate said...

Congrats on all your attention!! You've worked very hard to get it.

I'm so happy to have run across your blog through ROW. I have quite a list of new faves to read. (I wonder when I'll find time!)

Happy Writing! :)

Craig Hansen said...

Congrats on making it to the end of Round 2. Hope to see you in Round 3, and wow, great review to receive! Well done!

alberta ross said...

well done and congrats. busy busy bee - we will misss you next round but maybe you'll be able to get back to us for the 4th - all the best

Robin M said...

Congratulations on all you accomplished. Can understand why you won't be in round 3.