Gabrielle Bisset

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Masquerade Cover Love

While I've been busy finalizing Love's Master for its release early next week, my cover artist, the incredible Elaina Lee, and I have been working on the cover for the last erotic novella in the trilogy set in Victorian Times, Masquerade.  Yesterday, it was completed, and today I'm basking in love for my new cover. 

I'd found the gorgeous mask a few weeks ago, and after hours and hours of searching for a couple, I found this one, which I love because the female conveys the strength the heroine Annelisa possesses.  I sent them to Elaina and she did that magic she always does and voila!  Another stunning cover that I adore. 

I'm off to wrangle with the Smashwords grinder thing this weekend, along with the contraptions at the other outlets, but I couldn't wait until Monday to show off the new cover. I'm in cover love! 

8 comments:

bittenbyromance said...

Oh my goodness, I love the cover. I am starting your Stolen Destiny today can't wait.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Laurie! Elaina does such an incredible job, I don't even have the right words to say how thrilled I am with this cover. Hope you enjoy Stolen Destiny! :)

Shah Wharton said...

So where did you get the 'the couple' - didn't you have to get models to sit for you? Wasn't the picture 'owned' and therefore not free for use. This is fabulous news. I thought you couldn't do that. Same with the pic of the mask. I've collected a few pics I love which might be good for my cover - but thought I wouldn't be able to use them.

I love your cover - love the colours, the couple and the mask. Gorgeous.

You could link it up at my blog hop - its creative after all! ;D

http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/07/all-new-weekend-creation-blog-hop-poem.html

Shah .x

Shah Wharton said...

OMG - I'm having an absolutely mare with my computer today - I spend ages writing comments only for them to disappear when I press Publish!! It just happened again!! AARGH!

Repeating myself -
I adore this cover - it captures so much - and so is intriguing -esp the mask!
I didn't think you could take pics form others to use on your own cover? Did you have to get permission or pay for the images? I have lots of great pics I like for my cover but thought I couldn't use them.

You could actually link this up at my creative blog hop thins (and any other) weekend -
http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/07/all-new-weekend-creation-blog-hop-poem.html

Unknown said...

Thanks Shah! I sent you an email about the details of the images. And I agree about the mask--in fact, the entire cover was built around it.

Bree said...

Wow! It's gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Bree! Elaina does incredible work.

Nadja Notariani said...

That cover is fabulous! Elaina does great work. ~ Nadja