Gabrielle Bisset

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Nikki Prince & Shyla Colt Guest Post



I want to welcome Nikki Prince and Shyla Colt to my blog today! So without further ado, take it away ladies!

Today Nikki and I are going to get a little personal. We’re talking about how we met, what it was like writing The Bond together, and What writing means to us.

Looking back now I think I met Shyla on Facebook when I was screaming (in type of course) a fan girl scream after reading her book Don’t Fear The Reaper.  The story caught my eye because for one I love the song by Blue Oyster Cult (It also makes me smile and think of “I need more cowbell, baby” from the SNL skit with Christopher Walken).  Yes my mind makes all kind of crazy connections.  I remember friending Shyla on my Facebook and how open she was and how friendly. 

The thing I loved about Shyla was that she’s always treated me as an equal even when I wasn’t published then.  Then through getting published and us finding out we had a lot in common such as our geekdom, being married to Caucasian males and having children we decided to write one together and The Bond was born.

Being able to write allows me to create worlds and the characters who live within them.  Although I have written contemporary stories I love writing in the paranormal genre because it allows even more world building and such dynamic characters.

It was a pleasure to write The Bond with Shyla about puma shifters who were destined to be together even though others had another idea about that.  Rafael and Sanura are strong characters who in the midst of trying to change their Pride they find one another and learn that change can be a blessing and not a curse.

Okay, can I just say Nikki is too sweet! Reading this got me a little misty-eyed. She’s a fantastic woman I was lucky enough to get to know. I’m all about paying it forward, and it made me proud to see her go after her dream, capture it, and come into her own. If you’ve never read her work, I highly suggest it.  Writing with her reminded me of a slumber party. You stay up too late, go back and forth with what if scenarios, giggle, cry… you know all the high points. This was my first co-authored piece, and I’m looking forward to more collaborating.

Writing is life for me. As long as I can remember I’ve been a reader and a writer. For me, those two go hand in hand. With my writing I had a safe place where I always fit in and life was limited only by my imagination. I fall in love with my characters every time… even the villains. Sometimes the stories I tell are there’s alone. Other times pieces of my life slip in and I find myself healed and wiser. Looking at situations from the outside bring amazing clarity. So, I guess to summarize, my writing feeds my soul, the creative monster, and keeps me sane at the same time.


Blurb

Sanura Bast is willing to risk everything to keep her Pride of Pumas safe from Logan’s scheme to sell their land off to the highest bidder, including masquerading as his fiancĂ©e. After almost a year playing a role that disgusts her, she gets the intangible proof she’s been looking for. Desperate to end the charade, she turns to her ally, Rafael.

Banished for losing his control with a human, Rafael’s been looking for a way back to his Pride and to Sanura ever since. The woman set his blood on fire before she was old enough to accept what he wanted from her. Together they plot to stop Logan before he becomes chief, and now she has the proof they need to save her Pride. With that goal in sight, Rafael is ready to take what’s always been his and claim Sanura as his own.

You can purchase The Bond in the following places


Want to learn more about us?

Nikki Prince is a mother of two, who’s always had a dream to be a published author in the romance genre. Her passion lies in raising her children as readers, gaming, cooking, reading and her writing. Her mother can now breathe easy about the child who used to get in trouble because she was hiding books everywhere and reading when it wasn’t appropriate.

Nikki’s a multi-published author with several epublishing houses. She loves to write Interracial romances in all genres, but wants to let everyone know to not box her in, because there is always room for growth.

Nikki’s also a member of Romance Writers of America National chapter (http://www.rwa.org) and OCC/RWA local chapter (http://www.occrwa.org) and is a member of the board as Co-Programs Director. She is also a member of the online chapter Passionate Ink RWA.

Twitter: @Authornprince



Shyla’s Author Bio

Told once ‘You have to be an author, then you’re craziness becomes eccentrics’, Shyla Colt has always been in love with the written word and possessed a desire to write. Named after Super Girl in the comics, she often mistakes her mortality for super hero status. So, she holds many hats, Mother, Marine Wife, and writer are her top three. Writing allows her to explore new venues, face her demons, and touch others. A huge practitioner of paying it forward, and putting in what you want to get out, she hopes to inspire, enlighten, move, and entertain you with her work. Mixing humor, drama, and strong women, often with a paranormal element, she continues to soldier ahead in the writing field. One of her favorite things is talking to fans. If you’d like to learn more or just drop a line, please check her out at www.shylacolt.com.
Where you can find her





3 comments:

S.J. Maylee said...

Love the title of your book. After reading this post it seems really appropriate. :) The book sounds fascinating. Congratulations on its release.

Author Nikki Prince said...

Thank you so much for having us here Gabrielle!

S. J. Maylee thank you! We had so much fun writing this.

Nikki

Shyla Colt said...

Thanks S.J. It was a wonderful experience co writing. Thanks for having us over Gabrielle :)