Gabrielle Bisset

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My Three Year Anniversary! #amwriting

Three years ago today, I decided that after writing for years and never taking that final step that finally, I was going to do it. I was going to pursue achieving the goal of being published.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I walked out of the local Borders on a Monday night with my now editor, turned to her, and said, "I'm going to get my next book published. I can do this." Her answer? "Of course you can." (She can be very supportive even though as an editor, she's tough as nails.)

My son was away at Boy Scout camp for the week and I sat down on that Tuesday morning after having a fantastic dream that Monday night about a race of beings descended from humans but blessed with powers above and beyond what humans possess. I wrote ideas all day and badgered my son's father (my ex) with ideas all the way up to camp to see Christiaan on Wednesday for Family Night as I tried to find a name for my new kind of paranormal being. I chose the name Aeveren on that drive and still have the envelope with all the brainstorming scribbles on it.

I wrote every day until late August when I had a brand new idea come to me one day in the shower. Wild things go through my mind as I wash my hair. :) That was the day I came up with the idea for Stolen Destiny (technically the second Aeveren story), the book that would push aside the first Aeveren book and become the one that I finally got published.

Back then, I was pursuing traditional publishing and not indie. Indie didn't come along until after I submitted the book to a publisher and had it accepted. Regardless, I had decided I was going to have my book published and I did it.

I began Stolen Destiny in early September and finished it at Thanksgiving. Since then, I've been writing pretty much non-stop. By the time I returned to school from Thanksgiving break, I was busy writing the follow up book, Destiny Redeemed, which I finished in March, almost 4 months later. And as they say, the rest is history.

Now three years later, I've written 6 full length novels, 3 novellas, and 4 short stories, along with a 7th full length novel under the K.M. Scott name that I'll be releasing in a little over a month at the end of August. I've spent my time in Victorian England and with a group of modern day sexy vampire warriors who are as much of my world as anyone I know in real life. It's been a wonderful three years with these characters!

I want to say thank you to all the incredible readers and fans who have taken to my books and taken me into their hearts, bookcases, and ereaders. Your support means the world to me, so I'm giving away two copies of the Blood Avenged audiobook. Just leave a comment making sure to leave your email address and I'll choose two winners on July 20.




It's been a great three years, and just wait until you see what's coming next!



34 comments:

sheryl said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I love the Sons and can't get enough of them. Thanks for bringing them to us and I can't wait to read more!

sheryll1974@netscape.net

Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Unknown said...

Congrats! I have everyone of your books! I cant wait for more. I was a non-reader just 3 years ago now Im a cant put stories like yours down!-) Happy Anniversary

kb_lane@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

congrats on your 3 year anniverary. What a joy its been to read your well written books, from your vivid imagination. long may it continue.Cant wait to meet Tristan now. All the best. ive got Blood Avenged on audio. ladies its an absolute joy to listen to that spine tingling voice

Char said...

Congrats, I just found your series this past couple months and I'm hooked. I haven't had much time to read but when I can I'm working my way through the series. I'm sure when I finish I'll be waiting for more. Happy 3 year anniversary and many more!!!!!!

starsnmoons01@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Congrats on your anniversary...I'm glad to have found your books, they rock! kim86004@gmail.com

Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Unknown said...

Congrats on 3 years! Best wishes for many many more years of captivating your fans with wonderfully written stories!!
haf0709@aol.com

miki said...

Congrats on your anniversary... it have been qquite an adventure and i wish you a lot of futur success

isabelle(dot)frisch(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

congrats on 3 years!!! Love your books!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on three years, I am so glad that I got the opportunity to read your books because I just love them all, and looking forward to keep reading them for many more years. rophill63@yahoo.com

Gina said...

Happy 3rd Anniversary. I am so glad that you decided to give us the S.O.N's. I cant wait to read more about them. Thank you for doing what you do. :)

Tawania said...

Congratulations.. Happy Anniversary! Your books are amazing!!

crystalguidroz1 said...

Congrats on your 3 year anniversary! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful stories with us, you truly are a fantastic writer and one of my most favorite authors. I have read all your books to date and eagerly await each and every new release. I have turned many of my friends and family members into faithful followers of yours and enjoy sharing my love of your work with others :)
Thanks for the contest!

Crystal Guidroz
cguidroz2@cox.net

Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

Happy Anniversary Gabrielle! I can't believe it's been three years already! Congrats!

riverinaromantic AT aol DOT com

elaing8 said...

Congrats on your 3rd Anniversary!
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Stephanie M said...

3 years is remarkable Congrats!!

spanishchild2001@yahoo.com

Elizabeth H. said...

Congrats on 3 awesome years!! I wish you many more!!

ehaney578 at aol dot com

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 3 year anniversary! I appreciate you sharing the stories locked in your head with the rest of us. =)

krankimom@comcast.net

Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Unknown said...

Only 3 years and so many wonderful stories already? Congratulations Gabrielle! I love how your mind works and the worlds you create for our enjoyment. I am a forever reader, hooked on your characters. Thank you for sharing them with us.
klnoblit@aol.com

Unknown said...

So much has happened in three years - here's to another or many more ;) Thanks for sharing your work with us all ;) Congrads on the 3 year mark

kat

kittee_cat@bigpond.com

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 3 year anniversary!
I am so happy to know you and able to read your books. So keep-up the good work!
As I always say writing is a form of art more than others, you are an artiest to me!!!!

Jovhanna said...

Congrats on your anniversary and thanks for the awesome giveaway
jovhannacaltzontzi@yahoo.com

Books Books and More Books said...

Congrats girlie on 3 years.

What is the best comment about your writing that you have ever received?

heather{at}coulter{dot}gmail{dot}com

renee said...

Congratulations Gabrielle! I, along with a lot of other people, are very glad that you took that final leap. You can tell that your heart is in everything you write. Keep them coming please!

Kristin85 said...

Congrats! I love your books! I can't wait to read Crash into Me!!
Kristin85(at)comcast(dot)net

Unknown said...

Congrats to you!!! Sounds like you're having fun and that is what it should be like. :-D

slieurance21@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Congrats, on your Anniversary Gabrielle, I love the Son's series they are Fab, and thanks for this Brilliant Giveaway.
lenjul@sky.com

Unknown said...

I love this series. Wouldn't mind at all to hear his voice :)

shelbasmom said...

would love to win... tcorley@thewoodlandsatfurman.org

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Happy writing anniversary!

pam said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!Love the Sons!

Unknown said...

Happy Three Year Anniversary! Here is to thirty more years of awesome books! kbinmich@yahoo.com