Gabrielle Bisset

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cover Love x2

Before I came down with whatever plague has been attacking me, the wonderful Talina Perkins and I had been quietly working on the covers for the next books in the Sons of Navarus series and today I get to unveil two of them.  Yes, two!  I'm feeling better already. 

First up is Blood Betrayed.  The main character of this book is a vampire named Saint.  Nicknamed that by other vampires because he only sleeps with humans, Saint's real name is Declan and he's been an outcast since he was found guilty of betraying one of the most sacred laws of the vampire world involving the relationship between sire and vampire.  Here's how his book begins:

I am everything forbidden.
I am a haunted creature.
I am darkness and shadow.
I am vampire.




Blood Betrayed is scheduled for release in late spring/early summer. 

And next on the menu is Blood Spirit.  This one focuses on Terek, a much older vampire than Saint or Vasilije.  Turned in the 1300s by an Arab trader just before the Black Death ravaged Europe, Terek was a monk in his human life.  As a vampire, he's shed his monk ways, but he's kept the mystical side he had as a human.  And can you guess who that is on the cover?

Here's how his book begins:

I am everything you seek.
I am a whisper in your soul.
I am secrets and mysteries.
I am vampire.



Blood Spirit is scheduled for a fall release.  And the answer to the question of who that is on the cover?  Jimmy Thomas.

Thanks to Talina for having such a fantastic creative mind and making covers I love. And can I tell you how much fun it is to search for hot models for covers?  Now that's a job I can dive into. ;) Now we have to work on the print cover for Blood Avenged, but then it's on to the next two Sons, Dante and Ramiel. I better get back to writing. No more sick time for me!

Have a great one!

8 comments:

Shah Wharton said...

I love all your covers - sexy and alluring, which is obviously the idea behind them - pure drool-fest! :) You are truly amazing - I'm struggling with my first book and you just keep firing them out at an alarming rate? :) X

booklover0226 said...

Wow, those covers are rockin'. I'm ready to read the books, already!

Tracey D

Unknown said...

Thanks Shah! I considered trying for the first 3 this year, but I can't keep that pace up. It will probably take 3 years to get the whole series out there.

Thanks Tracey! Look for them in just a few months. :)

Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

They look absolutely fabulous! They look so well together and match up with Vasilije!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Megan! :) I love them!

Komal Kant said...

These covers are great, Gabrielle! I especially love the one for Blood Betrayed!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Komal! Saint is quite sexy, isn't he?

Michelle Bledsoe said...

Gabrielle I just wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed your books. Thank you so much for the wonderful stories.
Michelle
koonie2888 at yahoo dot com